Saturday 23 January 2010

How to Prevent Snoring - some of the causes

Putting on weight is one of the causes of snoring. I know from my own experience that my snoring gets significantly worse (for both me and my wife!) when I'm a few pounds or more overweight. When I am at my normal weight I suffer a lot less.Excluding obesity and maintaining a healthy weight is therefore the first thing to try if you are a snorer. In fact in a lot of cases I've come across how to prevent snoring is intimately linked to "how can i lose weight?"

Sometimes snoring can be the symptom of a respiratory condition and whilst these are mostly not serious we always recommend that snoring sufferers seek medical attention if they persistently snore or have any other obvious breathing difficulties. Learning how to prevent snoring is important but not as important as making sure that you are fundamentally healthy.

In the course of future posts I will look at other common causes but as I say above if you are concerned about your snoring you should seek medical support and assistance without delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment